Monday, December 3, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 3--DIY Christmas Card Holder



I've been itching to make something cute and Christmasy that I could hang on the wall to display Christmas cards people send us this year. I saw some really neat ideas on Pinterest, but I never seemed to have the perfect materials on hand to recreate any of them.

Then, I saw an ugly gold picture frame propped up against my bedroom wall. I got this frame for free and had been saving it for some creative idea to come to my mind. Well it came! And turns out, it's kind of a conglomeration of some of the ideas from Pinterest that I like.

 First, that ugly gold had to go!


I had some tealish acrylic paint left over from this project, so I used it to paint the ugly gold frame.


Ahhhh! Much better!



I let the paint go on kind of streaky to give it a "distressed" look.


Since I like subway art, I chose this free Christmas printable  from Eighteen 25 to print and put in my frame.  I was pleased with how well it matched the frame as well!


Now I know you're thinking this looks great, but I said I was going to make a Christmas card holder...right? So here goes the next part.  Using the same color paint, I prettied up some regular old clothespins.


I then glued these around the edges of the frame as clips for my cards.  I love the finished product! Since I had all of the materials on hand, the entire project ended up being FREE. I think its interesting, and it provides some cheerful decor while being useful as well! I can't wait to get Christmas cards already!!


Have you been working on any Christmas crafts yourself recently? How do you display Christmas cards during the Holidays from friends and family? Link up or share your ideas in a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the printables you create :) I especially LOVE all of the teal in this one!

      Delete