Thursday, February 14, 2013

DIY Coupon Organizer

Since getting into this new CVS couponing craze, I've struggled with keeping my coupons organized in a manner that allows me to view, categorize, and access them easily.  I tried a couple of methods--putting them into different envelopes by category and storing them in a binder.  Neither one of them worked for me. So here's what I came up with one night when I was bored.

I started with these plastic tab separators which I had laying around.


Next I emptied a box of maccaroni and cut the edges to the same height as the tab separators. To get nice even edges, I simply laid one of the tab separators on the box and traced it on each edge with a pen.  This gave me a straight line to cut on.


I went through my scrapbook paper and picked out a couple of coordinating pieces to pretty up this box with.


Using the box as a guide, I cut strips of paper to wrap the exterior with.  I started with the wide edges--simply gluing the paper to the cardboard.


Next, I cut a narrower piece to finish it off.


Lastly, I did some embellishing with the coordinating paper and some stickers I had on hand.


All I had left to do was label the tab separators and pop them in the box.  I ended up having to cut them a little shorter widthwise so that they would fit in the box.  

Ta-da! (sorry about the blurry picture)


Coupon organizing problem solved-and for free!!  Now all I have to do is clip my coupons and stick them in the right category.  Makes it super easy to look through them and see what I have available. Yay!

How do you organize your coupons?

For more ideas on home organizing, head on over to A Living Sacrifice for the January Linky Party.





No comments:

Post a Comment