Saturday, December 1, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1--Christmas Spirit!


Nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit like decorating my house!  Devin and I both LOVE Christmas time and have been planning how we're going to rearrange our living room to fit a Christmas tree practically since the day we got home from our honeymoon :).

We bought our REAL Christmas tree last on Monday at Walmart.  If you still haven't set up your tree, I would recommend checking out the ones at Walmart.  We were pleased with the selection they had as well as the shape, height, and price of the tree.  Score!

Earlier on in November, we bought these ornaments for our tree:


We had a fun time putting up our tree and decorating it, as well as bringing some Christmas cheer to the rest of our home.  The only things we had to buy this year were the ornaments and lights for our tree.  I was able to use decorations I had on hand from my classroom last year to decorate the rest of the house.  Here are some pictures of what it all looks like.

I love how cozy the living room is now:


Close up of the tree:



I twisted together some green garland, red berries, and pine cones to dress up our entertainment center:


These two snowmen decorations are from my Grammie Gibbons' collection.  My mom saved them for us after grammie passed away, and this is the first year I get to use them in my home:



Here are stockings hanging on the hallway shelf.  Notice the extremely elegant technique of scratching-name-on-stocking-with-sharpie :) :


I got this cute little plaque for free from someone who was getting rid of it:


And my kitchen! I have a lot of red already so decorating for Christmas was easy.  We put some green garland twisted with lights and ornaments on top of the cupboards:


Here's another adorable plate I got for free: 


I seriously love snowmen! I keep these cute little knives in a glass on my kitchen shelf:


These dishes in Christmas baskets were a gift from Mrs. Foley for our wedding.  I love displaying them...plus it reminds me to use them! :


Devin hung Christmas lights around our windows so others can see our Christmas spirit as well:



We even have a bit of Christmas joy in our bedroom. It's hard to tell in this picture, but you can kind of see the strand of lights around our window:


And that about sums up the extent of our Christmas decor!

What do you do to put you in the Christmas spirit? Have you set up your Christmas tree or decorated for Christmas yet? Comment to let us know, or link up your own blog post below.





1 comment:

  1. Love it! It must be so exciting to decorate your own house this year. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete