Friday, December 7, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 7--Homemade Christmas Things


So I previously told you that when I attended the ladies cookie exchange on Tuesday, one of them had brought something special for each one of us.  Today I'm going to show you what it was.


Isn't it gorgeous!?!?! Here are some more shots:



I am so intrigued by the intricate details of this lovely quilted coaster.  This lady was so thoughtful to make one for EACH of the ladies that were present (approximately 12 or 13)!  I'm in love with all of the different Christmas fabrics that she used, and I can only imagine how much time she put into planning the design and sewing the final products.  I don't believe I have the kind of patience for this type of project!

I am currently displaying this beauty on our dining room table under one of our Christmas candles.


The reason I wanted to share this with you is because the work and thoughtfulness that went into this handmade gift inspired me.  Oftentimes, a handmade gift can mean more to someone than anything bought at a store.  

I'm currently working on a few handmade Christmas presents of my own :)  Of course I can't share those with you, because chances are...you may be one of the recipients! 

Do you have any ideas for handmade Christmas presents? Have you received something handmade that is special to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment