Friday, January 11, 2013

What I'm Reading This Month


Reading has been one of my favorite things to do ever since I can remember.  Books were valued birthday and Christmas gifts.  I remember spending whole days engrossed in a book I couldn't put down (whole nights too!! :) ).  I pretty much read whatever I could get my hands on--even the encyclopedia...nerdy, I know.

My time schedule drastically changed in college, and since I spent all of my time reading books for classes, I had little time left for pleasure reading.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten back into the habit since graduation.  This year, I'm making an effort to dedicate more time to reading books that will help me grow--and books that are just "for fun"!

Here is what I am currently taking up:

Changed Into His Image by Jim Berg

I'm going through this book with the ladies from my ladies' Bible study at church.  We typically study one chapter and meet on a monthly basis to discuss it.  This book is so challenging and cuts to the chase on so many issues.  I'm currently working through Chapter 5 which deals with mortifying the flesh.  It is thought provoking and calls for practical action and change in my life.  This is a great book, and I would highly recommend it!











Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl

My grandmother gave me this book shortly before I got married.  I've heard others mention that this is a good book, so I was excited to receive it! I just started reading it today, and so far it looks promising.  I'll have to update you more once I've read further.















A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

This book is going to be my "for fun" reading.  I love Francine Rivers as an author.  She is inspiring because she writes stories around moral issues(divorce, abortion, etc.).  She's written a series "Lineage of Grace" that was phenomenal!  Each book in the series portrayed a woman of the Bible who became a part of the lineage of Christ.  But back to this book, it's part of a threesome and appears to take place in ancient Rome.  I'll let you know more about this one once I actually start reading it.  I can already tell it's going to be hard to put down though!










Bible 
I love my Scofield Study Bible.  It was given to me as a graduation gift from my parents when I completed high school.  This month I'm going to be working my way through the book of Romans--one of my favorite books of the Bible.















What are you reading right now? I'd love suggestions for good books I should read next!

No comments:

Post a Comment